How often do you practice self-care?Being kind to yourself isn’t a luxury but a necessity. Practicing self-care means that you’re willing to accept yourself and acknowledge the fact that you have both strengths and weaknesses. When you take good care of yourself, you also set the standards for how you want to be treated by others.
Often times we forget about ourselves and focus on our loved ones. What they need, when they need us to be around and etc. But, do we take care of ourselves in the process. Do we think of our own health and just take time to be alone, even if it’s just 10 minutes? You might feel guilty sometimes but it doesn’t hurt to tune out for a while.
Here are 30 ways to practice self-care.
- Have an intense workout session.
- Do something that you’ve been putting. off for a while.
- Slow down and be present.
- Create a vision board for yourself.
- Call someone you love.
- Read a good book.
- Take a nap.
- Create positive, loving affirmations for yourself.
- Organize your closet.
- Have a lunch date with a friend.
- Cuddle with your human.
- Make a playlist of your favorite songs at the moment.
- Go to a museum.
- Write down a long list of things you love.
- Watch your favorite movie.
- Take along bath.
- Burn your favorite candle.
- Turn off your phone for a few hours.
- Have a mini pamper session.
- Go for a run or a long walk.
- Write yourself a love letter.
- Wear your favorite perfume.
- Put some music on and dance away.
- Prepare your favorite meal.
- Go outside, lie on your back and watch the sky.
- Write down 10 things you’re grateful for.
- Treat yourself with your favorite dessert.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Do something for the first time.
How often do you take time out for yourself?